Every school is given extra funding (based on the number of children on roll) from the Government to improve physical education (PE) in schools. The Government see this happening in a number of ways:
We create a self sustaining improvement in the quality of PE by having a member of staff to co-ordinate PE and Forest School. We work with a AVSSP coach to deliver PE, develop staff knowledge and provide clubs at lunchtime and after school. Membership of the AVSSP provides support, training and the use of equipment. We are also extending our own PE equipment and resources.
2021/2022 (allocation of £16,520)
What was the funding used for?
To develop high quality PE and to develop staff confidence and skills in the delivery of PE through working with sports coaches
To develop mindfulness, breathing techniques and calming techniques through weekly yoga sessions
To introduce a wide range of sporting activities throughout the year e.g. swimming, gymnastics, dance and enter competitions with other schools
|Keeping the PE coordinator up to date through the sports partnership training throughout the year||£800|
|Training for playtime lunch leader||£500|
|To replace PE equipment following a PE audit||£1,500|
|To train a member of staff in forest school (level 3)||£1,000|
|To provide equipment and staffing for sports day||£1,000|
2020/2021 (allocation of £16,548, plus a carry forward figure of £4,783 from 2019/2020 - total allocation of £21,331)
This funding will be spent on:
Total = £20,700
Impact statement on 2020/2021
- Staff when they were able to work with the sports coach have been exposed to high quality sport. Covid has had some impact on this due to school closures. We continued to work during the school closure and provide home sports learning with the sports coach through virtual means.
- Yoga has been the same as the sports coach. The children had the sessions virtually in school and then this transferred to virtually at home during the pandemic. The children have valued these sessions during the pandemic and moments for calm and peace.
- Swimming was cancelled due to the pandemic and school limited the amount of additional visitors so this area has not been fully explored.
- PE coordinator has been kept up to date through virtual means rather than face-to-face training.
- No further training has taken place for the sports leader due to covid.
- Due to the underspend from Covid we used the money to create a PE storage area in the hall and an audit of equipment has taken place to replace and extend in the next academic year.